Completed applications must be received by February 13, 2022
Please review this application packet in its entirety and follow all instructions. We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
JLLV MISSION STATEMENT
The Junior League of the Lehigh Valley is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We reach out to women of all origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to volunteerism. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. We focus on strengthening families through our service in the community. Founded in 1901 by social activism pioneer Mary Harriman, the Junior Leagues are charitable nonprofit organizations of women, developed as civic leaders, making a demonstrable impact on their communities.
The Junior League of the Lehigh Valley currently focuses on the community-based issue of Educational Disparity and Food Insecurity within the lower income communities of the Lehigh Valley.
We are offering one-time scholarship opportunities in the amount of $1,665 each. Scholarships will be open to all females graduating high-school seniors or freshman/sophomore female college students. First generation and applications from those pursuing STEM fields are encouraged to apply.
- Self-identifies as female
- Reside within the Lehigh Valley (Lehigh and Northampton counties)
- Graduating high-school seniors who plan to or college freshman/sophomores currently in college
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Meaningful experience(s) in community service
- Past and current leadership experience(s)
We understand due to COVID this could impact the opportunities available this school year to get involved, please share your most recent experiences in these areas (community service/leadership)
- Completed application packet signed by applicant
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an individual familiar with the applicant’s qualifications (i.e. coach, youth leader, principal, or teacher)
- Copy of high school/college transcript
- Although not required; a resume is highly recommended
- Finalist(s) will be invited to a professional style panel interview with the scholarship committee to be conducted in March/April. Regardless of the interview format (in-person or zoom), the dress code for interview candidates is professional business attire.
- Award recipients will be expected to attend an upcoming Junior League of the Lehigh Valley General Membership Meeting held either in person or a zoom meeting depending upon in-person CDC guidelines based on COVID regulations at the time of the recognition.
- Awarding is contingent upon official proof of acceptance or enrollment status at a two or four-year degree program
- Please notify the Scholarship Committee once you determine the college you will be attending or are currently attending. Funds will be distributed directly to the institution. The sooner we are informed, the sooner we can send your scholarship payment.
- **(Scholarship monies awarded must be utilized for the academic year 22-23.)**
Application packets must be received by Sunday, February 13, 2022. Packets received after the deadline will not be considered. Please submit completed application packets to:
Junior League of The Lehigh Valley,
PO Box 282,
Bethlehem, PA 18016
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org